Is it your dream to stand at the base of the highest mountain in the world? Make it a reality and join us next year in April 2014, for a once in a lifetime journey to Nepal…… land of the lovely Sherpa people, the Himalayas and, of course, famous Mount Everest.
Trekking through the Everest region offers stunning vistas that completely surround you; an opportunity to glimpse into the life of world famous climbers, the Sherpa people; explore some of the highest & oldest Buddhist monasteries in Nepal; and the highlight, incredible views of Mount Everest and Everest Base Camp itself. Follow in the footsteps of Sir Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay of their epic journey in 1953.
Arrival Date in Kathmandu: Sunday April 27, 2014
Departure Date from Kathmandu: Wednesday May 21, 2014
Cost: from $3500US + Airfare and Insurance
• All Accommodation – 6 nights in Kathmandu including breakfast and 17 nights in Teahouses on the trek
• Late checkout on night of departure
• Airport transfers
• Half Day City Tour in Kathmandu
• Return flight from Kathmandu to Lukla
• All Meals while on trek, 6 breakfasts & 1 Group Dinner in Kathmandu
• Local Trekking Guide, a Trekking Sherpa and Porters (1 porter for every 2 people)
• With more than 4 participants travelling, Natural Trekking Guide, Lois, will accompany you on the entire trip
Also included (normally added on as extras by other companies)
• Nepal Entry Visa
• Park Permits and Fees
- Cancellation/medical insurance
- Meals in Kathmandu (exception – breakfast each day & a group dinner on the last evening are included)
- Tips for the guide & porters
- Bottled Water, Soft drinks etc in the teahouses
- Items of Personal Nature
Call 604.836.2321 or e-mail info@NaturalTrekking.com
Our trek to Everest Base Camp is longer than most with a full 17 nights on the trail. Our high altitude experience has taught us that the ‘Golden Rule of Acclimatization’** is our recipe for success. From this experience our itinerary was created.
**Once over 3000m elevation, climb a maximum of 300m per day. If this is not feasible, a rest day at the new altitude is required.
In addition to the leisurely pace of the trek, we have allowed for 2 days in Kathmandu upon arrival to help your body adjust to the new time zone and recover from jet lag. Another 4 days have been added to the end of our trek as reserve days. This gives us the flexibility to add on days during the trek if needed, and a buffer for the unpredictable weather flying out of Lukla. If these days are not needed on the mountain we have 3 full days to enjoy Kathmandu – catch up on your shopping, enjoy the pool or visit Shivapuri National Park just minutes from our hotel! (rooms are based on twin occupancy & garden view rooms – single rooms and deluxe rooms are available upon request)
Click here for a copy of the tentative itinerary Itinerary for EBC Nepal 2014
Group Training for Nepal
- $120 per month (includes HST)
- Includes 4 hours/week. Each week consists of:
- 2 evenings of 2 hours hiking or snowshoeing
- additional half or full day hikes/snowshoes will be added at an incremental charge
Group Training Nepal : $120.00