- In the media: We were written up in the latest Vancouver Magazine which is very exciting. Here is the link to read it online: http://www.vanmag.com/Getaways/8_Hours_of_Coastal_Hikes_From_Strolls_to_Serious_Ascents
- Here is a lovely blog article from Pamela Wade. She is a award winning journalist living in New Zealand. On behalf of Tours By Locals, I was lucky to show Pamela one of our great little hiking gems, Quarry Rock and the infamous Honey’s Doughnuts. Enjoy! http://www.travelskite.com/2013/06/tours-by-locals-vancouver-hiking.html?spref=fb
- Write a revue for Natural Trekking
Contents of this email:
- ‘Day-tripping’ with CapilanoUniversity; Ladner Village Market – Sun Sept 8th, 2013
- Climb Mt. Kilimanjaro, Tanzania – Sept 26 – Oct 10, 2013
- Supporting the Bethlehem Children’s Home in Arusha, Tanzania
Sunday September 8, 2013
Ladner Village Market with Capilano University
8:00am – 5:00pm
In conjunction with Capilano University Continuing Education
Join us for an autumn day to remember.
Le Bon Marche Walking Tour … to Market and More
The Ladner Village Market is an experience you will remember for years to come. It is the largest outdoor market in BC. With more than 125 vendors, live music, and a plein air vibe, you might think you’re in the South of France. Join us for a full day of food, wine, shopping, easy camaraderie!
To kick off the day, our coach whisks you to the George C. Reifel Migratory Bird Sanctuary for a guided walk that lasts about 1.5 hours (if this sounds too much like exercise to you, have no fear—coffee and goodies are served enroute). From here we wing over to the beautiful Wellbrook Winery for a tasting and some fun shopping!
Then, fortified with wine and armed with shopping baskets and $20 of market money (to spend at whatever vendor you choose), we hit the market and all its treasures. Every type of food imaginable is available so nosh where you wish. The market is bursting with artists, bakers, cheese makers, growers, jewellers and crafts people.
And we are not done yet. We now head to the lovely River House restaurant for Happy Hour on the shores of the Fraser. Share appetizers and wine as you show off your market finds. Then, when everyone is tired but happy, our coach takes us home. Oh la, la. Quel jour!
A full itinerary will be sent to you at time of registration.
Walking pace; easy to moderate.
$139 + Tax
Please register with Capilano University Continuing Education at 604.984.4901
September 26, 2013
Climb Kilimanjaro – A couple of spaces still available!!
Arrival Date in Arusha (Kilimanjaro Airport): September 26, 2013
Departure Date from Arusha: October 10, 2013 – or you can extend your stay.
Cost: from $3500US + Airfare + Insurance (rate is dependent on number of participants)
– All Accommodation – 4 nights in Arusha, Tanzania including breakfast and 9 days / 8 nights in tenting while on the trek
– All transfers
– Kilimanjaro Climb & Permits
– Group Climbing equipment
– Tents & Chairs
– Rescue Fees
– All Meals while on trek, 4 breakfasts & 1 Group Dinner in Arusha
– Local Trekking Guide, Mary ‘Mumbi’ Kariuki, Cook and Porters (you will only need to carry a daypack)
– Natural Trekking Guide, Lois, will accompany you on the entire trip
– Cancellation/medical insurance
– Tanzania Entry Visa (also Kenya if you plan on Safari there)
– Meals in Arusha (exception – breakfast each day & a group dinner on the last evening are included)
– Tips for the guide & porters
– Bottled Water, Soft drinks etc
– Items of Personal Nature
– Tour Extensions available
Contact Natural Trekking at 604-836-2321or by email at ltomlinson@NaturalTrekking.com to book this great tour!
Supporting the Bethlehem’s Children Home in Arusha, Tanzania
During our visit to Mt.Kilimanjaro, we will be visiting the Bethlehem Children’s Home. Mr. & Mrs. Munisi have taken 12 orphaned children under their care. We will be supporting the Munisi’s by taking school supplies and clothing for the children.
Our guide Mumbi (in the centre of the photo), whom I have been friends with since 2005, writes “The children need some writing materials, pens, dictionaries, clothing, shoes. Anything that you will bring will be highly appreciated”.
If you would like to join us in donating items to the Children’s Home, please let me know and I will make the arrangements. Thank you!
Contact Natural Trekking at 604-836-2321or by email at ltomlinson@NaturalTrekking.com to donate!